May 14, 2014

Customer Supplied Decking, Mark and Kim in Fairfeild

This job was a request for a new front porch. Up until the deck was torn apart, I wasn't sure what the condition of the frame of the porch would be. Now, because I could see one rotten joist that was exposed I had the homeowner gather enough wood to rebuild the porch but I did not end up using all of it. The only rotten sections were just the joists that had the decking seams from the plywood that were on it and the outside edges of the frame. This client offered to supply all the material and was just looking for my help installing it. What I put down for deck boards was a 2" thick composite board and the joists for the deck frame were untreated rough cut wood boards. I explained that untreated wood doesn't have longevity like Pressure Treated but that I would cover it in Grace Ice and Water Shield and then spray a solution to keep bugs off on it. Check out the photos.










I had to remove siding and account for 1 3/8" gap because before their was J
channel flush with half inch plywood.
Add 2" decking and your butt up to the siding so I had to adjust.

The decking boards look dirty because they were dirty, they will wash nicely.

1 comments: