Apr 16, 2015

McIntosh and Co. Day 9- Drawer Hardware Installation

 

This week was only a half day of work total, I was assigned to the task of constructing some shelves for the tables saw sleds, push sticks and other table instruments. I was shown where the scraps were that I was to use for the shelves and got it work. These shelves were on a to do list because there was a pile of wood pieces as I mentioned sleds, push sticks etc. that always managed to end up on the floor next to the saw station. So the shop needed additional shelves!

 Following the completion of that task I was installing hardware on the boxes which you can see in the photos. That BLUM brand orange hardware you see is pretty simple to install. It butts right against the bottom of the frame and then it snaps into the rails that have been installed in the cabinet unit. They look busy because they have many built-in adjustable settings to allow the drawer to slide in better one installed. 





At the end of the day I was able to install the drawers that I put hardware onto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment